About the Council
The Council of Governors at Mid Cheshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is made up of 29 Governors, all of whom can be contacted via the Trust Board Secretary by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or by completing the simple online form available on this website.
Governors can also be reached by post: simply address your letter to the Governor you would like to contact and send it to Membership Office, Leighton Hospital, Middlewich Road, CW1 4QJ.
The Council of Governors has four main roles & responsibilities:
- Advisory, by communicating to the Board of Directors the wishes of members and the wider community
- Guardianship, by ensuring that the Trust is operating in accordance with its Principal Purpose and is compliant with its Authorisation. In this regard it acts in a trustee role for the welfare of the organisation
- Strategic, by advising on a longer term direction to help the Board of Directors effectively determine its policies.
- Membership, to represent the interests of Members.
The Directors of the Trust are accountable to those people that really matter - the local population and the patients, through the Council of Governors to the Members.
Other roles of the Council of Governors include:
- representing Members’ views on the Trust’s development
- participating in a wide range of activities linked to Trust services
- putting forward views to the Board of Directors regarding annual plans of the Trust
- approving the Trust’s annual report and accounts
- appointing (or if necessary removing) the Chairman, Non-Executive Directors and Chief Executive
For information on our Council of Governors, please see the 'Our Governors' page. Alternatively, please see our Governor Profiles for information on each Governor.
Register of Interests
A Register of all Interests declared by the Council of Governors is available to members of the public on request via the Trust Board Secretary using the contact details at the top of this page.
Minutes of Meetings
Minutes of Council of Governors meetings are available online, under the Newsletters and Publications pages of the Members' section.