The Library is opposite the main Leighton Hospital entrance, next-door to the University of Chester Faculty of Health and Social Care. We share an outside door with the Post Graduate Medical Centre but our door is clearly signposted on the left as you come in.
Mid Cheshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and the University of Chester work in partnership to provide the JET Library service.
Staff are here between 8.30am - 5.00pm Monday - Friday (not open Bank Holidays).
Membership is open to:
ALL Trust staff
Volunteers and students on placement in the Trust,
University of Chester staff and students
People working for the East Cheshire NHS Trust and Cheshire & Wirral Partnership
Members of the public - reference access is available by prior arrangement; or join the library for borrowing rights. You can find out more here.
The Library takes part in the following access schemes: SCONUL, LEARN (an INSPIRE Project) and the Cheshire & Mersey Access Agreement.
Members of the public can come and use the library for reference - but you'll need to ask us first.
To join please bring your NHS ID badge, proof of employment or student card. We have a camera in the library so we can take a photo for your library card if we need to.
We want to get you the information you need as quickly as possible so you can improve services, develop your career and look after patients better. We aim to promote evidence-informed treatment so that the Trust and its partner organisations provides the best possible care for people using its services.
Key services include (some services applicable to full members only):
- Looking for, reserving and renewing books using the library catalogue
- General health information enquiry service
- Out of hours access (£10 refundable deposit required)
- Training on locating and evaluating high quality health information
- Specialist literature search service
- Current awareness bulletins
- Article and book ordering scheme
- Computer facilities for Trust employees / students on placement / University of Chester staff and students. Walk-in public access may be available through the University of Chester network.
- Quiet study facilities
- Stock lending
- On-line resource provision and support
- Support to the Trust literacy agenda
JET Library, Leighton Hospital, Middlewich Road, Crewe, CW1 4QJ.
Tel: 01270 612538 Fax: 01270 252611 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any feedback for the service please fill in the service suggestions form.